This program was established in 2005 to support Orphans and vulnerable Children in Kampala and Kaliro districts
To reduce the vulnerability to HIV and AIDS and improve the quality life of OVC through education and psychosocial support
- – To strengthen the capacity of community schools, 1 in Kampala and 3 Kaliro so as to provide education in a conducive learning environment by the end of 2018.
- – To improve physical, social and emotional wellbeing of OVCs by the end of 2018.
Core program areas Supported:
The project supports 4 of the 7 Core Program Areas (CPAs) of the 2011/12-2015/16 National Strategic Programme Plan of Interventions (NSPPI) for OVCs in Uganda including; CPA1 on Economic Strengthening; CPA2 on Food Security & Nutrition; CPA3 on Health, Water, Sanitation & Shelter; and CPA4 on Education with Psychosocial Support as a cross-cutting CPA.
Where the project is implemented:
The OVC project is being implemented in four schools.
- – DirectInfant Primary School located in Bupyana parish, Gadumire Sub-county, Kaliro District
- – Mpambwa Primary School located in Luvulo parish, Gadumire Sub-county, Kaliro District Mpambwa Parish 2 districts of Kampala and Kaliro.
- – St. Kizito Primary School located in Bumanya Parish, Kaliro District